My lastest video work, Dongkuk, will be shown at Art Tech Media 06. ATM 06 occurs in several cities including Barcelona, Madrid and Bilbao. See earlier entry about the video.
ART TECH MEDIA 06 is a Meeting of Artists, Museum Directors, Art Centres, Media Lab, Thinkers, Curators, Gallery owners, Collectors, Cultural Agents, Politicians and Society, in many cases, confused by the methods and concepts which are so different from the traditional ways of producing of art, its exhibition, collecting, and way of contemplating.
ART TECH MEDIA 06 was born with the intention of reflecting, analyzing and viewing art produced using new technologies in Spain within an international context, and the impact that our polyhedric altered reality has on their widespread use.
It will be developed in different sections: Lectures, Round Tables, official announcements for video artists from all over the world, and exhibitions in the participating venues.
- Contributing to debate on art and new technologies.
- Democratizing culture in order to bring it closer to cities.
- Collaboration of Museums and Art Centres in the production of cultural events and exhibitions.
- Entering into the relationships between artists and the world of art.
- Exhibition selected from video art collections of the participating Museums, curators and official announcements.
- Encouraging the participation of the public as an active agent.
- Edition of a book including the conclusions of debates, artists participating and data base.
- Distribution and presentation of this book in Universities and Art Centres.
Posted by on March 22, 2006 10:44 PM | Permalink